Updated Practice Procedures
At the Clinique Vétérinaire de la Gatineau, we take the health and well-being of our employees and our loyal customers very seriously. In consultation with our medical teams, we have implemented the following procedures for clients wishing to accompany their pet(s) at appointments:
- To manage capacities and maintain social distancing, we are only welcoming one client per appointment to enter the practice, along with their pet(s).
- Our rigorous cleaning and masking protocols are ongoing. Clients will be required to wear a medical-grade mask, which we will happily provide if need be.
- We will continue to offer curbside care and medication/supplies pickup for clients who prefer these services.
- As part of our reopening plan, we ensure that all practice staff are either fully vaccinated against COVID-19, or undergo regular rapid testing.
- As always, we kindly ask anyone who has a common cold or flu-like symptoms, such as fever, cough and difficulty breathing, to please stay home until those symptoms resolve.
For clients in special circumstances, such as a euthanasia service, please give us a call so that we may do our best to accommodate your needs in advance of your appointment.
Following our professional governing body recommendations, the clinic must modify its hours and reduce the number of patients seen each day to help curb the risk of spreading COVID-19. The Wakefield clinic will remain open from 9 am to 5 pm Monday through Thursday and 9 am to 2 pm on Friday. The Chelsea clinic will be open Monday to Friday from 9 am to 5 pm. If you would like to purchase any food or medication, please call ahead at 819-827-1665 (Chelsea) or 819-459-2146 (Wakefield) with your credit card information ready.
Thank you for your cooperation, and we look forward to seeing you!